Fun facts about the Bangkok-based swimming trunks brand.
Since 2010 TIMO has traveled far and wide; they have been featured in magazines all over the globe and have done trade shows in Paris.
With select stores worldwide selling these trunks, there is much to love about TIMO. So here are nine fun facts you didn’t (but should) know about TIMO Trunks.
1. The first pair of TIMO Trunks were bought by Humberto Leon, the co-founder of Opening Ceremony (and also co-designer of Kenzo).
2. The name TIMO is actually the name of an imaginary character: the imaginary muse of the brand is a toy belonging to the founder
Pow Foongfaungchaveng’s baby nephew.
3. TIMO has designed one pair of TIMO Girl Trunks called Ziggy Stardust, taking inspiration from David Bowie in the 1970’s.
4. TIMO Trunks are a preferred swim trunks of fashion designer Haider Ackermann, the current Creative Director of Berluti.
5. Each TIMO print requires 8 to 16 color grading and testing prior to production.
6. TIMO Trunks was the official swimming trunks sponsor for Film on the Rocks Yao Noi Festival — a special grey trunk to match the
rocks was created. They were worn by the likes of Tom Sachs, Ryan McGinley, and Waris Ahluwalia.
7. The TIMO logo was designed by a young Thai designer who made a name for herself working for Diane von Furstenburg and is
currently a consultant at Slowmotion.
8. Before Pow perfected the TIMO coin, he went through 39 different samples.
9. Every time Apple launches a new iPhone, TIMO changes the back pocket of the swimming trunks to
fit the ever-expanding size of the iPhone.
TIMO Ziggy Stardust. Courtesy of TIMO Trunks
Philip Huang for TIMO by Bibi Cornejo Borthwick in 2014. Courtesy of Philip Huang
TIMO Showroom Display. Courtesy of TIMO Trunks