With Art Basel Hong Kong just around the corner (private viewings starting on the 21st and open to the public from the 23rd to the 25th of March), we ask forever-stylish gallerist Sutima Sucharitakul of Nova Contemporary for her tips on what to pack and how to explore the art fair like a pro.
My five “art going” essentials that I can’t go to Basel without:
- My business cards.
- My Moleskine art journal.
- A Leica Q camera.
- A power bank.
- My phone.
My “must-bring” pieces of clothing:
- Comfortable shoes (but I don’t do trainers). Daytime, I wear ballerina flats, wedge heels, or slippers. At night, I wear heels or boots, as it is still quite - breezy at night.
- A scarf or shawl, as it is always cold in the fair.
- My leather jacket.
- A light coat.
- A dress that you can wear day to night.
The “must-see” galleries, exhibitors, and panels lined up for this years Art Basel:
- M+ Sigg Collection
- White Cube. Theatre Gates
- Gagosian. Urs Fischer
- Asia Art Archive
Where to eat/drink and what see beyond the fair:
- Mott 32
- Ho Lee Fook
- Visit Art Central Art Fair